Sign Up for a Class
Dear Parents & Students
The junior year of high school is one of the busiest years yet. In addition to focusing on maintaining high grades in challenging courses and staying committed to sports and other extracurricular activities, the junior year also offers the pleasures of Driver’s Education and the SATs.
There is plenty of debate as to whether or not the SAT exam ought to be this important, but one thing is certain: As of now, the SAT is very important in the college admissions process! It is also one of the parts of the admissions process where a little effort can dramatically improve your application. Luckily, most of the hubbub out there about the difficulty of this exam is uninformed; the SAT is different from exams in high school in many important ways, but, like all exams, you can prepare for it.
I want to keep you above all of the hubbub and ahead of the curve. Finding your way to this site is the first step. Continue on to learn about how the SAT exam is so different, what the ACT exam is, and how to go about preparing for the most important exam yet. Don’t forget to contact me to discuss your specific needs or to register for my classes.
I look forward to hearing from you, and to working with you on making this important step in the college application process as successful, painless, and even fun as possible!
- Jake Berman’s program is outstanding. He is a master teacher who motivates and guides his students through the testing process. It is amazing to see how much my son improved in the time that he spent in Jake’s classes. He is an individual who stands out amongst the rest. He is accessible and always makes time to speak with you regarding any questions you may have. I would highly recommend Jake Berman’s program. My son enjoyed his classes and always felt comfortable to ask questions. He taught my son important strategies on how to prepare for the SAT exam and helped him to achieve the goals that he had set. Thank you Jake!!!
- As the parent of highly successful children, what more could I add or ask for from our SAT tutor. Their improved scores speak volumes about Jake’s ability to help kids perfect their test taking abilities. Jake is a pleasure to deal with and I’m glad I have one more daughter who needs to go through the process.
- When one thinks of the SATs, the first word that comes to mind is torture. As a former student of Jake's, I think of excitement. With his interactive yet skillful approach to teaching, the material became relatable to any student. He keeps the material new and consistently finds way to relay the information in a modern and quite comical way. When I finally sat down to take the test, I felt confident in my ability to perform well given the tools Jake provided. In the end, my score improved by over 300 points from my PSAT thanks to Jake's teaching abilities.
- Jake Berman transformed the SAT prep process from agonizing and stressful to gratifying. He isolated my individual weaknesses and tailored a successful strategy that conformed to my personal needs. This allowed me to break old habits and understand challenging concepts while gathering self-confidence not only in my test taking abilities, but also in myself. Jake’s knowledge, patience, and inspiration helped me to improve my score over 200 points from my PSAT.
- After taking Jake Berman’s SAT prep class, my daughter Kasey improved both her reading and math scores by over a hundred points each. Jake was not only professional, proficient and extremely knowledgeable, but he was also entertaining and humorous. As a math teacher myself, I know how challenging it is to excite students about taking a test (especially a 4 hr. long one); Jake does it effortlessly.
- We considered Jake Berman our secret weapon. A friend recommended Jake and told me to lock in time early because she knew he would be in demand. We were thrilled with the results! While participating in weekly sessions with Jake, my son's practice SAT scores steadily improved, and he was coming home with a much higher degree of confidence in his SAT test taking abilities. It also helped that my son connected well with Jake's style. Jake is truly an expert, and he is passionate about helping students succeed. When my son received the great news -- excellent SAT scores that met or exceeded requirements for the top colleges -- he couldn't wait to call Jake and tell him the good news. I knew then that Jake had made a real impact. Thank you Jake!!
- Jake came highly recommended to us and he lived up to and exceeded our expectations. My sons took his classes 3 years apart and looked forward to attending them. Their SAT scores went up 200 to 300 hundreds of points. Both were accepted to every school they applied to. Matt is in his Junior year at Stony Brook University (he was also accepted to Hofstra and Adelphi) and Brandon was accepted early decision to Quinnipiac University's 6-year Physician's Assistant Masters Program (as well as being accepted to Stony Brook, Hofstra and Binghamton).